Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Become My Embrace


World English Dictionary labels a "cheater" as one who deceives especially for one's own gain.

Cheating stems from our selfishness, our desire for temporary pleasure.

God's outstretched arms are ready to hug you. Don't cherish a different idol.

Are we valuing relationships or looking for ways to cheat?


Everyone is careful to not cheat on their boyfriends/ girlfriends...

How does God feel when you cheat on Him?

If you don't have a relationship with God,
you've never experienced Agape Love.

We say we love God. But, our heart is elsewhere.
We are deceiving God and ourselves thinking that we love.
We don't love, we use.

I should have never had girlfriends in the past.
I've cheated on God.
I told him I loved Him.
Why did I expect to do better for my girlfriend?

God forGIVEs to give you another chance.
God's Mercy keeps bailing you out.
Push enough wrong buttons, and His wrath will keep you in jail.

"Ask and you shall receive" has been a primary method for us to manipulate God's love. We tell God that we love Him only to lie again.

"I was so wrong, for so long, Only tryin' to please myself
[Lord], I was caught up in [world's] lust, when I don't want anyone else. So,I know I should've treated you better. But me and you were meant to last forever."

Your phone has died out.
You need an outlet.
Repent earnestly.
Tell him that you'll
"stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all".

God secures his relationship with you through an uncompromising covenant.
No other relationship can ever fulfill the same promises.
He will never cheat. Will you?

2 comments:

  1. but a more interesting question is will YOU? this post is so stream of consciousness-y. where did that quote come from anyway ("I was so wrong for so long...")? and who's travis!?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I won't. But will you?

    I've been told that my posts highlight my stream of consciousness. Parts of that quote are from a song - Watcha Say

    Random Pic found. It works.

    ReplyDelete