Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mammothian Perspective

So before I can't recollect the specifics of my Mammoth hiking trip from last Thurs - Sunday (7/22 - 7/25), I will share my account of it.

Mammoth has such depth and wonder in the summer time. I think it definitely beats the richness of snow.

I've never gone true hiking before, so my first experience was a Godly addiction for His beauty.

We came across Rainbow Falls and there was no doubt that to me that God's constant outpouring of love was a small representation of the massive waterfall. Near the Devil's Postpile were these gigantic formations of volcanic remnants that created such a visually pleasing observation. The city life provides some sort of organization and similarity whether it's restaurants, office buildings or cars, but the randomness of God's imagination was such a blessing to see.

On the second day, we went through the Ansel Adams' trail that seemed to be endless! About 75% of it seemed to slope dramatically one way meaning that we were screwed if we were to come back up! But how infinite is this land that we live on? My mind kept glorifying His name on this trail because I was a helpless and minuscule figure in such a vast area with impenetrable trees that stood above a bird's comfortable flying zone. And to my amazement there were so many young trees sprouting from the ground waiting to pursue and model after the trees way above them. The long living nature of trees is like our reward in Heaven!

All the ridiculous and funny moments seem more proper to be reminisced about rather than be shared, so I'll leave it at that.

I hope to venture out to this aspect of an "outdoorsian" life in the near future. In the meantime,

CIAO.

No comments:

Post a Comment